The Uk’s original Airstream Holidays!
“best place to go Glamping” on the Isle of Wight for the last two years – by public vote!
We are very proud to have been among the very first businesses offering Glamping holidays in the UK and the original Glamping holiday business on the Isle of Wight. We now have 16 years experience of vintage Airstream holidays …. a massive thank you to all our fabulous guests!
Vintage Vacations were the first to offer American Airstream holidays in the UK.
2020 will be season seventeen and there are now thirteen gleaming silver vintage caravans in the fleet along with a cute pair of classic British caravans. Two berth and four berth vans are available along with one six berth Airstream. Vintage Vacations have their own large field sited ten minutes drive from Ryde. Surrounded by countryside it is a peaceful, hidden spot on a small working farm.
The vans themselves are carefully restored to original condition and still have many original fixtures and fittings as well as quirky vintage accessories and decorations – we prefer to restore rather than refurbish – call us old romantics but we feel that this keeps the ‘soul’ of the caravan and continues the tradition of many happy holidays past. What this means is that if the original Formica and door handles (for example) are a bit worn but still working perfectly well we will leave them intact …. but things like cookers, soft furnishings, beds etc are replaced with sympathetic alternatives. Vintage fabrics are accessories used where we are able.
Onboard facilities include fridges, cookers, heaters, toasters, CD radios. Lots of kitchen equipment is provided as are fresh white linens and towels.
Vintage board games and classic CD’s are also to be found on board.
All of the American vans have onboard showers and there is a toilet facility on site not far away (you can also hire a chem loo if you prefer!) The British vans do not have onboard hot water and showers and are priced for a fun budget break.
Each caravan has it’s own brightly painted picnic bench, parasol, classic deckchairs, barbeque and log burner.
Vintage Vacations have won ‘best place to go glamping’ for two years running by public vote in the My Isle of Wight awards.
It is possible to hire the whole site for your special celebration.
Several classic British caravans make up our fleet to 18 and counting….
They are all properly vintage – nothing ‘retro’ here!
GENERAL INFORMATION – what to expect from our classic American caravans
- All bedding, linen, towels and tea-towels included.
- Services – water, certified gas, electricity via regular caravan hook-ups
- Heating – electrical fan heaters – trailers are well insulated and heat up well but do bring warm PJ’s and your slippers for cold weather!
- Bathroom facilities – Hot water showers and a bathroom sink – toilets are not on trailers – we have a toilet facility on site (separate ladies and gents with extra showers) Chem loos are available for hire if this is a must for you – £25 fully serviced.
- Full size cooker and small fridge (fridge has a teeny icebox freezer) NB Spartan Manor has a full sized fridge.
- Kitchen facilities – A full complement of equipment (including teapots and cafetieres) – you don’t need to bring anything – just ask if there is something specific you would like to check.details. All crockery etc is basic and new so don’t sweat the breakages!
- Electrical supply is 110V with American plug sockets. All appliances are American (including hairdryers) and we will supply you with a travel plug for your phone, laptop etc. Some items cannot be used directly – Hair straighteners for example but don’t worry – we can sort alternative power supply solutions for these if necessary.
- Entertainment – Radios / CD players on board along with a selection of vintage board games
- Outside your Airstream – all vans have their own picnic bench, a couple of classic deckchairs, log burner and basic BBQ
- We are sorry but we can’t accept any pets at our site (including Hamsters … don’t ask!!)
DETAILS AND ON BOARD FACILITIES – what to expect from our British caravans
- Compared to their transatlantic cousins our lovely old Brits have slightly less on board facilities – do check each caravans description for details
THE FLEET – click to view gallery and details for each van:
- 1946 SPARTAN MANOR
- 1962 SAFARI AIRSTREAM
- 1960 SAFARI AIRSTREAM
- 1949 VAGABOND
- 1954 SPARTANETTE
- 1965 TRADEWIND AIRSTREAM
- 1966 OVERLANDER AIRSTREAM
- 1951 SPARTANETTE
- 1963 TRADEWIND AIRSTREAM
- 1954 OVERLANDER AIRSTREAM
- 1959 OVERLANDER AIRSTREAM
- 1962 OVERLANDER AIRSTREAM
- 1954 SAFARI AIRSTREAM
- OUR PARTY MARQUEE