The Uk’s original Airstream Holidays
We are proud to have been among the very first businesses offering Glamping holidays in the UK and the original Glamping holiday business on the Isle of Wight. We now have 16 years experience of vintage Airstream holidays.
Vintage Vacations were the first to offer American Airstream glamping holidays in the UK and then first glamping business on the Isle of Wight, 2020 will be our seventeen season.
The vans themselves are carefully restored to original condition and still have many original fixtures and fittings as well as quirky vintage accessories and decorations – we prefer to restore rather than refurbish – call us old romantics but we feel that this keeps the ‘soul’ of the caravan and continues the tradition of many happy holidays past. What this means is that if the original Formica and door handles (for example) are a bit worn but still working perfectly well we will leave them intact …. but things like cookers, soft furnishings, beds etc are replaced with sympathetic alternatives. Vintage fabrics and accessories used where we are able.
Vintage Vacations has won ‘best place to go glamping’ several times in the My Isle of Wight awards.
It is possible to hire the whole site for your special celebration.
All vans are all properly vintage – nothing ‘retro’ here!
GENERAL INFORMATION – what to expect from our classic American caravans
- All bedding, linen, towels and tea-towels included and is laundered by commercial laundry
- Services – water, certified gas, electricity via regular caravan hook-ups
- Heating – electrical fan heaters – trailers are well insulated and heat up well but do bring warm PJ’s and your slippers for cold weather!
- Bathroom facilities – Hot water showers and a bathroom sink – toilets are not on trailers – we have a toilet facility on site (separate ladies and gents with extra showers) Chem loos are available for hire – £25 fully serviced.
- Full size cooker and small fridge (fridge has a small icebox freezer)
- Kitchen facilities – A full complement of equipment (including teapots and cafetieres) – you don’t need to bring anything – just ask if there is something specific you would like to check.details. All crockery etc is basic and new so don’t sweat the breakages!
- Electrical supply is 110V with American plug sockets. All appliances are American (including hairdryers) and we will supply you with a travel plug for your phone, laptop etc. Some items cannot be used directly – Hair straighteners for example but don’t worry – we can sort alternative power supply solutions for these if necessary.
- Entertainment – Radios / CD players or smart speakers on board
- Outside your Airstream – all vans have their own picnic bench, a couple of classic deckchairs, log burner and basic BBQ
- We are sorry but we can’t accept any pets at our site (including Hamsters … don’t ask!!)
- Compared to their transatlantic cousins our lovely old Brits have slightly less on board facilities – do check each caravans description for details
THE FLEET – click to view slideshow and details for each van:
- 1946 SPARTAN MANOR
- 1962 SAFARI AIRSTREAM
- 1960 SAFARI AIRSTREAM
- 1949 VAGABOND
- 1954 SPARTANETTE
- 1965 TRADEWIND AIRSTREAM
- 1966 OVERLANDER AIRSTREAM
- 1951 SPARTANETTE
- 1963 TRADEWIND AIRSTREAM
- 1954 OVERLANDER AIRSTREAM
- 1959 OVERLANDER AIRSTREAM
- 1962 OVERLANDER AIRSTREAM
- 1954 SAFARI AIRSTREAM
- OUR PARTY MARQUEE