Important update 20th June 2020 – guests MUST agree to our Post-Covid-19 protocols – this is to protect both guests and staff. If you cannot agree to this protocol you must let us know and we will cancel your stay. The protocol is listed at the foot of this page.
UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2020
This is our policy regarding bookings and refunds
- If there is a National lockdown we would offer a refund (or reschedule if preferred)
- If there is a local Isle of Wight lockdown we would offer a refund (or reschedule if preferred)
- If you are unable to travel for Covid related reasons we would offer to reschedule your stay (documentation proof required)
We confirm a reservation upon receipt of a deposit and a fully completed booking form. You must be over 18 at the time of booking. Bookings are accepted at our discretion. As soon as you receive a confirmation of booking you must check it carefully and report any errors immediately. Payment balance is due strictly 6 weeks prior to your holiday. We do send an mail reminder* and if no response is forthcoming we will consider the holiday cancelled by you and your deposit will not be refunded.* It is your responsibility to ensure that we have a correct email address for you – or to let us know if you would prefer a postal reminder. For more details on booking procedures see here
You will be asked for a deposit to secure and confirm your holiday. Once confirmed this deposit is NOT refundable unless the holiday is cancelled by us. However, we do usually refund a deposit if we manage to re-let the date but please understand that this is not guaranteed and we do not have to refund the deposit as a matter of course.
We reserve the right to request a damages deposit – usually only for group bookings. This returnable deposit must be paid in advance, at the same time as all balances are due, 6 weeks before your holiday. It is held against any damages, breakages, loss of keys, unexpected cleaning and suchlike. Previously agreed charges can also be deducted from this at your request (this may be valeting, laundry, logs etc.). The deposit will be returned as soon as administratively possible after your stay, providing everything is in order.
Cancellation by YOU – If you have to cancel your holiday, for whatever reason, you must contact us immediately. If you cancel your holiday at least 6 weeks before your holiday is due we will retain the deposit but return any balances paid.. If you cancel your holiday within 6 weeks of the start date the final balance is nonrefundable. Should we find it possible to re-let the date then we will refund your payment, less the deposit. We recommend that guests take out their own insurance to cover this eventuality.
Cancellation by US – Once we have sent you a confirmation we will do our very best not to have to change or cancel your holiday. We promise to do all we can to avoid this but we MUST reserve the right to do so.
NUMBER OF PERSONS
Your holiday group must not exceed the maximum number of persons allotted to each accommodation – except in certain very limited circumstances and agreed in writing by us. If you do we can refuse you access to the property or ask you to leave. This will deem the holiday to have been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refunds.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES
These can vary and we do ask you to carefully check your correspondence!
ALTERATIONS TO YOUR ACCOMMODATION
With regard to our trailers. We will attempt to give you your first choice of trailer. If not available we will suggest an alternative with similar bed layout etc. Occasionally, due to the vintage nature of the trailers, we do have to replace a unit at the last minute in order to carry out a repair for example. In this case we do reserve the right to change the accommodation without prior warning. HOWEVER all trailers are to the same standard and this should not be an issue!
AIRSTREAM SITE ‘RULES’
We cannot allow erection of any awnings/gazebos/tents etc without prior permission. This is both for aesthetic and safety reasons.
Due to the rural nature of our location Fireworks, sky lanterns and helium balloon releases are not appropriate and cannot be used.
CONDUCT & NOISE LEVELS
We are entitled to ask you to leave any accommodation, without refund of any monies paid or any other liability to you, if, in our reasonable opinion your behavior is unacceptable. You are expected to show due consideration for other guests, residents and staff.
Please note that live amplified music / bands and professional DJ equipment is not acceptable at any of our locations without any prior permission being given.
Any abuse of these terms will result in the termination of your stay.
You must allow us (or anyone representing us/workmen etc.)access to the accommodation at any reasonable time during your stay.
Any items left behind and to be returned are liable to a £10 handling charge plus P&P. This will be deducted from you returnable deposit.
As well obtaining a general holiday insurance to cover the holiday cost if you are unable to make your date – guests are advised to insure yourself against loss or damage to valuables whilst away from home.
Sorry – dogs and other pets are NOT allowed at any of our accommodations
Strictly prohibited at all our accommodation
Commercial and professional photography is strictly by arrangement and is SEPARATE from holiday bookings.
We do require some personal details when you make a booking. We take all reasonable steps to ensure security and privacy of your details. We DO NOT pass on any personal details to anyone else at any time. We require a valid email address unless you prefer to correspond by post. We do not correspond by post unless specifically asked to do so.
Vintage Vacations – post Covid-19 reopening protocols
For your safety, the safety of other guests and of course the safety of our staff these guidelines MUST strictly be adhered to
- Do NOT come on holiday if anyone in your group is unwell
- Once you are staying with us and anyone in your group is showing symptoms of Coronavirus please inform us and then travel back to your home/s straight away to self isolate – we will be on hand to assist you in any way we can should this situation arise however extended stays to isolate will NOT be possible
- All refuse must be taken to bins next to the toilet block
- Linen must be stripped and put in bags provided
- Check in time is now 3.30pm – check out is before 10.30am
- Please lock van and leave the key on the water heater compartment
- Please respect those guests coming after you and ensure all washing up done to highest standards at highest temperature possible. Washing up liquid and new sponges and cloths are supplied
- Regarding your toilet if you have booked one – this can be serviced on request but we will need you to help us with this so that social distancing can be observed – there is a video on the guest resources page on our website that we will send you a link to when it is completed
- This protocol is subject to change on new government advice